Below you will find some great tools for preparing your remodeling budget! I have listed all my own spreadsheet templates and favorite tools from other sites for you on this page. To use the spreadsheets, all you have to do click the link to download. There are great visual aids and a column for the estimated budget and your actual budget. All spreadsheet templates are available in both Microsoft Excel and Numbers (iWork) formats.
Please let me know if you’ve found these tools to be helpful!
Renovation Budget Spreadsheet Templates
Something about a spreadsheet makes a remodel or renovation seem a lot less terrifying! Below, I have downloads for all of my renovation spreadsheet templates. All of my spreadsheets have a basic budget that shows your estimated and actual spending, a handy to-do list, and shopping list to keep you organized during your renovation.
My renovation templates that cost $2.99 are a bit more sophisticated: these remodeling spreadsheets have some information filled in already, allowing you to get a clear estimate based on my experience (you can always change or update this based on prices in your area). The best part of about the paid version is the calculating tools! These spreadsheets have an extra page that calculates how much framing material, drywall, flooring, and ceiling materials that you will need! If you’re not sure, see more about what makes the paid version so great or take a free version for a spin.
Basic (Free!) Templates
To download, click the appropriate link below to add to your cart, then follow the checkout process. (Don’t worry, you won’t be asked for credit card information!)
- Kitchen Budget — Microsoft Excel Template (free!)
- Kitchen Budget — Numbers Template (free!)
- Bathroom Budget — Microsoft Excel Template (free!)
- Bathroom Budget — Numbers Template (free!)
- Other Renovation Budget — Microsoft Excel Template (free!)
- Other Renovation Budget — Numbers Template (free!)
- My New Basement Renovation Budgeting Tool!
- Remodeling Budget: Tools For Remodeling Every Room In Your House
- Home Equity: Why Building Equity Isn’t as Fun (or Hard) as You Think
- A Counter Offer: Your Guide to Counter Tops On a Budget!
- Count Me In! Your Guide to 7 of The Most Popular Counter Top Surfaces
Follow my Basement Remodel:
- How To Plan For Renovations: My Basement Remodel
- The Basement Remodel That’s Taken Over My Life
- Basement Floorplans: Tips and Tricks
- Adding Central Heating and Air to an Existing Home
My series on Remodeling Budgets:
- Part 1 — Remodeling Budget: Why It Matters
- Part 2 — Remodeling Budget: Where To Start
- Part 3 — Remodeling Budget: Tools for Remodeling Every Room in Your House
Helpful Remodeling Links
- Houzz.com provides a great tool that allows you to see average costs of projects like yours in your city!
- National Kitchen and Bath Association’s tips for saving money on Kitchen and Bath Renovations
- NKBA also has some great tips on how to control your remodeling budget here
- Square footage calculator for all sorts of different shapes! Here’s how to find square footage if you want to do it yourself!
- Tile purchasing calculator (be sure to add about 10% extra tile in case of breakage)
- Looking to redecorate on a tight budget? Check out these ideas from Real Simple.
- Upgrading in order to sell your home? Check out these 5 Upgrades that Don’t Pay Off.